BATON ROUGE, LA – With home deliveries increasing, Attorney General Jeff Landry reminds consumers that porch pirates can ruin your holidays by trying to steal your packages.
“Americans are buying goods online now more than ever,” said AG Landry. “Unfortunately, this means that more packages are being left on doorsteps - susceptible to porch pirates.”
AG Landry wants Louisiana consumers to help make their communities safer from porch thieves by following some quick tips:
- Ship packages to work or use the “ship-to-store” option. This allows for the packages to be picked up not left unsecured.
- Sign up for delivery alerts. This informs consumers when deliveries are scheduled and delivered.
- Ask trusted neighbors to hold your packages if you are not able to be home for deliveries.
- Require signatures for all deliveries when possible.
- Be good neighbors and look out for each other. If you see a package at your neighbors’ doorstep, call them and ask if they would like you to hold on to until they are home.